domingo, 28 de noviembre de 2010

Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires was as amazing as hoped for, and coming back a little harder than expected. It was a very good thing to go away for only 4 days because otherwise coming back would have been very difficult. I leave you with some pictures from the trip, both contemporary and historical (and recently digitized).


My grandmother's 90th birthday. 30 people came over for a party. Here is the family (+ a few wanna bees and minus my mom). We all wore sweaters made for us by my grandmother (the one in the middle with the pink dress, which she made for herself for my brother's wedding 3 years ago).

Blowing out the candles
My cousin participated in a very fancy hat design show. Here my sister tries out her creation, made in mimbre (wicker), while my grandmother tries to understand what it all means.


My grandparents and my mom, about 1945.
My mom getting married. My grandmother kissing her, looks like she is crying. It amazes me how Catholic and traditional and fancy their wedding was.
My father - to the right of the man - with his family, on holiday in Mar del Plata, about 1950.

With Fatima, my ex-boyfriend's sister. Amazing coincidence we were both in Buenos Aires. Last time I saw her was for my goodbye from Madrid, over 4 years ago. Very nice to see her.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario