domingo, 24 de octubre de 2010

Sunday to Sunday

You asked me last week what I would do today. At the time today seemed so far away and the move so dramatic it was impossible for me to imagine. I was completely wrong, as today passed with the most bland normality imaginable. This was a deceptively fast week. The good news is that my original accent is only getting stronger; that is about the only thing going on as planned. If you have any ideas about how to create productive stress, please tell me!

Because you asked, I will tell you what I did today:
I made my own granola and I'm determined to become good at it. If all else fails, I'll set up the competition within the family and open a health food store across the street!

I then became friends with Atlas.ti. This is work so I won't bore you with the details except to say that qualitative software is GREAT. This means too that my office is all set up! A friend lent me her desk and I got a fairly cheap nice leather chair (with all the money I saved from the desk). Now I can work... starting tomorrow.

I had a fruit and custard pie for lunch. Photos will follow one day (I'm practicing). For now you can admire the professional ones: http://www.sabordebuenosaires.com/tortas.html. And then I took my little nephew to the park. He's an angel.

I still feel like I'm on holiday because the only hard thing so far is getting used to the high-pitch voices of women here. It was a beautiful day today and all the young families were out at the parks, using the new excercise equipment (like the ones in China), playing with their kids. I took some photos for you. It reminded me of Germany because its so crowded yet so quiet... all you need to add to the photo is a warm breeze, the feel of the sun and the smell of jasmine flowers.

Diego y su papa

The quiet plaza
Don Tito's Birthday: he gave a very nice speech about the bakery, trust, comraderie.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario